Wednesday 16 November 2016

Autumn Tag by Gemma


Hello Everyone

I created an Autumn themed tag for this post. We are half way though the month and there is still plenty of time to join in this months challenge both on the blog and the facebook page. 

This months theme is
Autumn


I sprinkled some Black Knight and The Sage Infusions from PaperArsty onto a manilla tag, and sprayed lots of water over the top. Then you get to sit back and watch the powder explode, a little goes a very long way. As I wanted more of a bitty texture I added some more powder to the tag when it was almost dry.


Once dry I applied some Ground Espresso Distress Ink through the Petal mask in different areas, and then stamped over the whole tag with a Calligraphy stamp and Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


I mixed some Golden Sand and Sunset Beach Infusions with water on my craft mat. On one tag I stamped out lots of leaves using the leaf stamp from the Dog Rose set and then painted them with the Infusions. On the other tag I applied a wash of the Infusions over the tag before stamping the same leaf several times.  I cut out all the leaves and edged them with ink.


On the main tag I drew a tree using a black Stabilo pencil, to soften the lines I went over them with a water brush. Then I glued my leaves in place and stamped the word dreams at the bottom before gluing the tag to a piece of card I had already covered in Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


Thank you for reading
Gemma




5 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wonderful texture Gemma, love this tag!!

Gemma Hynes said...

Thank you 😊 Shilpa.

Gerrina said...

Wow, this is beautiful!!

Gemma Hynes said...

Thank you Gerrina

Sid said...

Great little tag !