Sunday 16 October 2016

Imagine Notebook by Gemma Hynes


Hello Everyone

This months challenge is patterns, you can interpret this theme anyway you want, as long as it includes stamping, I created this notebook with a patterned cover. You can enter the challenge here on the blog or here on the facebook page.


I started by collecting together most of the items I wanted to use, My base was an old sweet packet that I cut down to the size of the canvas and chalk board sheets.


I coated the canvas sheet with two layers of Dylusions Squeezed Orange Paint


Once dry I placed the Honeycomb Mask over the top and sponged Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise through it. I seeped under the mask in some areas but I really like it.


After some more drying time I placed the Random Dots  mask over the top and sponged through Dylusions White Linen


 I then glued the canvas to the cardboard packet and folded the edges around to the other side. Afterwards I found the middle point on both sides punched holes and added gromits, which I threaded string through to tie the book closed


After stamping the word imagine to the bottom corner using Framed words one, I cut to size and glued a chalkboard sheet to the inside of the cover before gluing the spine of the papers into place.


Thank you for reading, 
Please leave a comment to let us know what you think, 
and join in this months fun themed challenge
Gemma Hynes


3 comments: