Saturday 16 January 2016

Bright Little card by Gemma

Hi Everyone

I hope now the festive season is over everyone is finding time to be crafty, I know this week is the first in ages that I have been able to get my toys out. Please join in this months challenge, which is anything goes, comment and follow. We really do appreciate it and enjoy looking at and reading them all.


I cut a piece of white card 16.5 x 12, and blended Mermaid lagoon, Abandoned Coral and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks over the top. I then place a chevron mask over the top and wiped away some of the ink with a wet wipe.


After flicking some extra drops of water over the ink I stamped over the top, using dots, chicken wire and calligraphy mat 4 background stamps. When I stamped I used the same colours of ink I blended onto the card and tried to keep the same colours in the same areas.


I then stamped out the main image, Lesleys's flowers using archival ink, which I coloured in with distress inks, and edged with Old Paper
.

I also stamped out and coloured a few of the smaller flower and the leaf that come on the same stamp set.


Once I had cut them all out, I attached them to the background that I had already glued to a card blank and wrapped some twine around. I also stamped out a sentiment and glued that in place.

Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)

1 comment:

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Inderdaad een mooie en zonnige kaart is dit geworden. Groetjes Janny