Wednesday 22 April 2015

Gothic Arch's By Dee

Hi everyone hope you are all well and having a crafty time. I have a plaque 
for you today using the new stencils from The artistic Stamper,
and some Artistic stamper stamps.


Firstly I brayered on the fresco paint till it resembled old stone.


I then used a pallet knife to apply the grunge paste to the top left
I applied this quite thickly so it would resembled old stone 
once I had stamped into it using the circular column toppers
of the architecture plate.


I inked up the stained glass window off the architecture plate
stamped it twice with black stazon once onto the background
and once onto spare card. This was then cut out and
 stuck into the frame of the main image of the arch.


I used the Artistic Stamper lace background stamp & inked it up with stazon black ink 
This resembles peeled paint if you used the right area's. Stamp around the 
Arch window.


I put texture paste through the Artistic Stamper flourish stencil, I then
sprinkled a mix of pale blue and gold embossing powder and dried 
with a heat gun.


I used the Framelits die and glued this up the side after I had sprayed it with spiced
 marmalade and rusty hinge distress spray stains.


I wasn't keen on the colour although it did look like an old Gothic 
building I wanted it to look vibrant and highlight the swirl
texture.


I stamped the calligraphy mat 4 on distress treated paper which had
been swiped with old page and stained walnut.


I used the distress stain sprays to spray the entire piece to make it more vibrant.


I highlighted in area's with gilding wax. I applied a three
embellishments to look like old rusty bolts.


I must admit looking at it it reminds me of Rapunzel maybe the swirl is her hair
That's it for today as always let me know what you think remember look
at your stamps and see what other patterns they can create.
Cheers Dee x

Products used

  1. The following Artistic Stamper Stamps Architecture Plate, Caligraphy Mat 4 & Lace background stamp.
  2. Fresco finish paint  Chalk, Slate and Blue Oyster.
  3. Distress Stain Spray's in the following colours Rusty Hinge, spiced Marmalade & Salty Ocean.
  4. Grunge paste
  5. Texture paste
  6. Sizzix Thinlets mixed media die
  7. Embossing powders.



18 comments:

massofhair said...

i love the way you have used some book page as a path towards your door. The textures and colours are always a pleasure to see. Adoring your plaque Dee it is awesome :-) xxx

Samra said...

What a stunning piece of art!! So much texture and gorgeous rich colors!!! Love it!

Karen Petitt said...

Love, love, love!!! This is so beautiful! I want to be able to create something as beautiful as this, thank you so much for sharing how you did it too! Karen x

Anneke said...

Your work is gorgeous. Thanks for showing Anneke

Notations of a Crafter said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dee, love all the texture and the colours are wonderful. Debs

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning! The textures are amazing and I love the colours! It really looks like old stone!

Gerrina said...

This is such a beautiful one! Love the layers and at the moment I keep on looking for ols-window-stamps...

Artyjen said...

Fabulous use of the texture! Lovely ;)
xoxo Sioux

Gemma Hynes said...

Love, Love, Love all the texture and colours in this piece xxx

ike said...

Oh, it's AWESOME . What a super fantastic piece :-D

IKE in Greece xx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

so so so stunning !!!

Christine Kiehl said...

This is really beautiful and creative! Nicely done!

Corrie Herriman said...

How beautiful !
Corrie x

Words and Pictures said...

Completely stunning, Dee - full of atmosphere and beauty as well as gorgeous textures and techniques - a wonderful creation.
Alison xx

Jackie PN said...

So beautiful Dee-has the feel of a medieval church or castle! Love it!

Pawsitively Creative said...

Old world feel and delish colors! Wonderful work of art and so skillfully pulled together Dee! This is a work of art and I love the textures! Awesome job! ~Niki

Crafty Elaine said...

Amazing textures, thank you for sharing

Daria said...

Incredibly beautiful. Thank you for the step-by-step description.