Monday 23 June 2014

The Old Curiosity Shop Butterflies By Dee






Hi everyone I hope you are all well! for my second piece 
I have coloured a tag with 


With my distress blending tool and craft sheet I blended Faded Jeans,
 Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn onto 
a size 8 Manila tag.



I spritzed with a small amount of water. Once dry, I glued a torn piece from the page of 
an old book, to the top left hand side of the tag. I inked up the Artistic Stamper Neil Walker border stamp with Chipped Sapphire and stamped it down the tag in three lines. Next I poured 
gold embossing powder down the tag so that it only caught in places and
the ink randomly showed through, then melted with the heat gun.


I coloured a piece of lint with distress stains in scattered straw, faded jeans and peeled paint, I also coloured the fibres to go through the top of the tag.

I applied crackle paste to a card with a palette knife, once dry I then coloured it with various inks. I cut a strip out and outlined it with a gold pen, the old curiosity shop paper was then glued on to the strip and then fixed on to the base of the tag with hinge fasteners.


On an old mop up card I stamped the butterflies from the Artistic Stamper 
 outline with crackle accents.


For the bodies of my butterflies I used beads that I had in my stash.


This was all backed onto a hessian panel.


Finally I attached an old Chinese coin to the fibres as a 
finishing touch.


I hope you have all enjoyed this and please feel free to leave your comments.
I look forward to creating my next piece for the Artistic Stamper creative team blog!
 Happy stamping
 Dee x

The Artistic Stamper Stamps:- Insects and butterflies,
 Neil Walker Border stamp.
Distress Stains:- Scattered Straw, Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint
Distress Inks:- Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn
Ranger:- Crackle accents, Black Archival ink & idea-ology hinge fasteners.
Crackle paste and gold embossing powder.

 





9 comments:

Helen said...

It's gorgeous, Dee!!

Sid said...

Lovely textural art !

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, wow and wow again Dee, another amazing art piece!!! Absolutely LOVE what you did here!! The background alone looks amazing with the brilliant way you used Neil's background stamps, I totally love the crackle paste strip and the butterflies finish it off to perfection, just brilliant! So much inspiration here, I adore this!!!

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! xxx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful butterflies and fantastic tag Dee!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, the background looks great.

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic textured tag, Dee - absolutely stunning colours, love the fabric and those shimmering butterflies - it's a joy!
Alison xx

Anneke said...

Beautiful texture. Wonderful color. Love your design. Thanks for showing Anneke.

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow this is so pretty , I really love the way you put some structure on the tag, great image , beautiful colours , super, I love this!!

Greetings
Maria