Wednesday 8 January 2014

Vintage Childhood Dreams by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers! 
I've got a vintage style hanging to share with you today.


I prepared some fabric, lace & burlap, by soaking in a coffee bath, then leaving to dry.

Next, I  prepared the corrugated backing. I tore away some of the top layer, then coloured it with vintage photo distress stains. I layered the corrugated card onto my coffee stained fabric, then glued some of the stained lace to the bottom edge.


I stamped the little girl from The Artistic Stamper Childhood Dreams Plate onto gessoed book page, cut & tore it out, then glued it to a cut-off manilla tag. I inked the edges with vintage photo distress ink, then added some of the coffee stained lace. I glued the image to some stained burlap, then added it to the corrugated backing.

I stamped the wording onto a left-over piece of manilla tag, inked the edges with vintage photo DI, then glued it in place, as shown.

I dabbed picket fence distress paint onto the Ideaology word stick, then wiped the suface, leaving some paint in the word. I used a jump ring, a charm clip, & a red gem brad to attached the word stick next to the image.

To finish, I added silver eyelets & some ball chain to the top.

I hope this inspires you.
Thanks for visiting,
Alison xxx

14 comments:

Jay H said...

This is so amazing, I do not know even where to start. I am admiring it from every angle. This piece is very inspirational to me and offers several new techniques. Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Love how you stained the lace with coffee. The font for Childhood Dreams is perfect for this piece. ~Sophia

Artyjen said...

Lovely romantic aged look...love it ;)
xoxo Sioux

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

this is exactly the style I love !!!
xoxoxo

Words and Pictures said...

Love the coffee stained elements, and the rusty look on the corrugated card... Fantastic central image - this is great!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful hanging.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous Alison x

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. I love the lace & the red brad was a great idea.

Astrid Maclean said...

Well, of course I love vintage, so obviously this is right up my street! Love the way how you put it together with the fabric and other textures, it looks fab!

massofhair said...

Love your project, beautiful colours & images:-) xxx

massofhair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sid said...

Fab shabby look !

Anonymous said...

Alison, this is dreamy!
Beautiful stamp of the child and I love that sentiment of childhood dreams - oh this is beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

A wonderful hanging.
xxx Hazel.