Thursday 19 December 2013

Picking Favourites...

Hello everyone, Alison (butterfly) here.  I hope you're enjoying seeing everyone's top picks from their Artistic Stamper year... I certainly am.  Much harder when it comes to picking my own favourites, though.

Not sure this is a definitive top 3, but they are all projects that mean a lot to me. And it seems to be texture, women and butterflies; blue, green and brown... no surprises there to anyone who knows me!

First a project which was actually made as a Guest Designer, before I joined the team full-time, but I suspect it was instrumental in getting me the invitation to become a full team member, so I wanted to honour it here!


It's hard to capture in a couple of photographs, so if you missed it and would like to see more, you'll find it here.


Next, a tag which somehow felt very much like "me".  It has one of my favourite ever backgrounds, and the images, words and colours came together without very much thought - always a good sign, I think! 


Again, if you'd like to see it in more detail, it's here.


And I was really torn for the last entry in the trio.  Should it be the Place for Keepsakes?  Should it be my much-loved In The Undergrowth hanging board? Or Create? I am creating! using my favourite corrugated cardboard?  But in the end, I plumped for these journalling pages ... the first time I understood that you really are allowed to do whatever you want on a journalling page!


And the Gibson Girls have served me well on a number of projects, so it's only fair that they get a look-in in the top three!  You can see more details here.


Thank you so much for stopping by at this busy time - I hope you've enjoyed re-visiting some of these.  I wish you all a wonderful festive season, and here's to a fabulous 2014 for all! 


16 comments:

Netty said...

Three beautiful projects Alison, definitely pride of place, Annette x

Rita said...

Good Morning Alison. I think your choices are astounding. You always give us inspiration in lots of different ways that helps to make us take the plunge and try different techniques. Wishing you a Wonderful Festive Season. Hugs Rita xxx

massofhair said...

Butterflies are WOW your other two choices are both unique & inspirational.

Always enjoy your creations so can imagine how hard it was to choose.

Have a wonderful festive season:-)

Deborah said...

I'd find it hard to pick 3 of my favourites of yours, Alison. But the butterflies would definitely be up there.

Ink Art Designs said...

Such beautiful choices Alison. All three outstanding in their own way.
Dot x

Artyjen said...

Great to revisit your fabulous projects ;)
xoxo Sioux

Maggie said...

Lovely choices Alison great projects all of them, especially like the AJ pages.

MaggieH

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love your favourites, and great inspiration :)

Terry said...

I remember all of these and can see why they were the "chosen." Beautifully constructed projects and all with such texture and dimension! Love these!

Astrid Maclean said...

They were all beautiful Alison and it is great to re-visit them again! I'm sure it was a hard choice, but I can see why you picked them.

Anonymous said...

All of them completely gorgeous.

Jennie Atkinson said...

All so beautiful Alison - as are all your projects which are so wonderfully inspirational. I can't wait for another year! X

Nan G said...

Nicely chosen, Alison. They're all deserving of the honor of Top 3!

Jenny Marples said...

A superb choice of projects, winners every one. Jenny x

craftytrog said...

A fabulous top 3 Alison!
Happy Christmas,
Alison xxx

Kezzy said...

Wow I really love them all, but I would say my favourite is the journal page, mind you I love the gorgeous butterflies and the vintage hanging is awesome lol :-) Kezzy xxx