Friday 20 September 2013

'Hello' Tag Card by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers! I've got a quick & simple tag card to share with you today.
I folded a Ranger Giant Size 12 Manilla Tag in half, then used an ink blending tool to apply broken china distress ink through a Crafter's Workshop stencil. I then inked the edges of the tag card with broken china.
I took a Size 8 manilla tag, and, using jet black archival ink, stamped the Crafty Notions Karantha Face on the bottom. I cut it out, leaving a half inch border around the image, then, using spiced marmalade DI, I stamped one of Neil Walker's Borders around the edge. I used distress inks to watercolour the image, then used a paper distresser tool on the edges, & inked them with broken china DI.
I attached the image to the tag card, stamped 'hello' from the Journaling Words 4 Plate with jet black archival, then added some orange fibres to finish.
When I finished, I was amazed to see how the stencil I'd used, mirrored the eyes & lips in the main image! Totally unintentional! Lol!
Thanks for visiting,
Alison xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Very fun and clever tag card!!! ~Sophia

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fun and funky card! Great use of those stamps!!

froebelsternchen said...

amazing idea and design!

whyducks said...

Love it, it makes you smile!

Anonymous said...

Fab card, love the stencilling.

Anonymous said...

Definitely fun and funky.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Quirky and such fun... I love the stencil echoing the image - I'm sure your subconscious knew what it was doing!
Alison xx

Artyjen said...

Great card...and colours too ;)
xoxo Sioux